Monday, July 14, 2014

Cooper the Chunker

My baby boy was born weighing 6 lbs 6 oz.  Everyone that saw him insisted that he was "Tiny". I guess being so close to him everyday I didn't notice just how small he was. At our 2 month check up he only weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. The doctor wouldn't even give him his shots. So we started supplementing with a little bit of formula after each feeding. We went back the next week and he weighed 8 lbs 4 oz.  You know in that moment when the doctor tells you that your baby is too small, you don't question it, you just do what is necessary to take care of your baby. And I am so happy I did.  It is crazy now to look at the picture I previously posted, he was so tiny ( and his head looked so huge).
 I weighed Cooper today (almost 12 weeks old) and he weighs 10 lbs!!! Hallelujah!
Here is a pic of my little chunker....



No comments:

Post a Comment